Join our dynamic team of science and engineering experts and corporate services professionals working towards a more sustainable, resilient South East Queensland.
Position: Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
Effective full-time: 1 FTE
Location: Brisbane CBD
Commencement: June/July 2019
Healthy Land and Water is a not-for-profit, independent organisation working to protect and improve waterways and natural asset health in South East Queensland (SEQ). The waterways and natural assets of SEQ are an integral part of our lifestyle and economy. With a rapidly growing population and an increasingly unpredictable climate, the challenge is to protect our precious natural assets for future generations to enjoy.
Healthy Land and Water facilitates careful planning and coordinated efforts at local and regional levels among member organisations from government, industry, landholders, research and the community to deliver the Healthy Land and Water’s Purpose:
“To inspire and connect people with the evidence-based tools and on-ground action that will protect our natural environment and support our economy for future generations.”
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will drive all marketing and communications activities for Healthy Land and Water.
The key responsibilities of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator role will be to:
- Develop, implement, manage and measure communications strategies for Healthy Land and Water initiatives, including the annual launch of the Report Card.
- Project manage the production of a range of communication materials to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget, and liaise with designers, printers and website development agencies.
- Research, write and edit communication products, such as the Annual Report, fact sheets, media releases and other corporate materials.
- Manage media queries and drive proactive media opportunities.
- Manage website content for Healthy Land and Water initiatives.
- Drive social media content development to support our initiatives and capitalise on relevant opportunities.
- Provide event coordination support for a range of events including workshops, forums and community field trips.
- Undertake regular marketing and communications reporting to measure the success of Healthy Land and Water initiatives.
- Provide any additional marketing and communications support and duties as determined or directed by the Manager and Communications Manager.
Position reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
Work closely with the Corporate Affairs Team; liaison with other program areas within the office.
Partner organisations including representatives of the local, state and federal governments; industry organisations and community groups.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 4+ years relevant marketing and/or communications experience.
- High level written communications skills, including experience writing and editing a range of print and online communications for a variety of audiences.
- Experience using website content management systems and online marketing tools, including social media.
- Proven capacity in project managing multi-channel marketing and communications campaigns.
- Strong project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience using Adobe Design Software, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
- Expertise or experience in graphic design will be highly regarded.
- Proven experience in the water or natural resource management sector would be highly regarded.
Special Terms and Conditions of Appointment
A six-month probationary period applies to this position.
Some terms and conditions may be negotiated at the time of engagement and will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and personal qualities.
The employee should have a current Queensland driver’s licence as the position may require travel throughout South East Queensland.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
Employees must have knowledge and understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity legislation.
- Occupational Safety and Health
All employees must be familiar with our Occupational Safety and Health Policy and be committed to maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.