Join our dynamic team of science and engineering experts and corporate services professionals working towards a more sustainable, resilient South East Queensland.
Marketing internship positions available for final year students to complete a digital marketing project on Healthy Land and Water’s website.
Skills you will learn
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- WordPress CMS
- Digital marketing
- Website content and SEO
- Website usability – UI/UX
Located in Brisbane CBD
How to Apply?
Send your resume and a cover letter explaining why you’re interested in interning at Healthy Land and Water, what you bring to the team and what you hope to learn from the internship.
Email Jaimie Robertson email@example.com
The Senior Engineer, Erosion Control and Waterway Improvement provides design input, coordination and oversight to specific projects addressing water quality issues by reducing sediment movement in prioritised locations predominantly as part of the Natural Asset Management and Protection Team under the direction of the Team Leader. The purpose of the role is to support project development, design and on-ground implementation and oversight of erosion control projects. The role will provide advice and recommendations as required to team members within Healthy Land and Water, the broader community and stakeholders as required. The role will foster opportunities and collaborations that leverage and link investment and resources that facilitate the uptake of sustainable land management practices and promote the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Supporting HLW’s Operations Team and support staff, providing them with the capacity, knowledge and skills to achieve best practise erosion control measures.
- Developing on-ground projects in collaboration with the Operations Team which implement current best practise technologies.
- Providing detailed plans of work and project designs for erosion remediation projects.
- Providing oversight during on-ground works implementation ensuring that the works meet the design objectives and that landholders are engaged and understand the intention of the works.
- Engaging and liaising with wider stakeholders, including Federal, State and Local Government representatives, research and other tertiary institutions, industry and industry groups, community and NGOs, Traditional Owners and their groups, to encourage a collaborative approach and effective knowledge transfer in the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Facilitating targeted information and technical advice to the community and other stakeholders that improves their access to knowledge and skills and promotes practice change.
- Coordinating, delivering, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on projects and activities on behalf of HLW, Government, corporate and commercial clients; including planning, supervising and conducting field work in a diverse range of environments to achieve project aims.
- Supporting and delivering technical training that improves the knowledge and skills both internally and externally, including the skills of land managers, to foster increased uptake of sustainable land management practices and the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Designing, developing and implementing collaborative initiatives and projects that improve the capacity, knowledge and skills of the wider community and other stakeholders to achieve ecologically sustainable outcomes.
- Liaising and working with technical experts from a diverse range of backgrounds and sectors.
The closing date for Applications is 25 January 2019.
Applications will be accepted via Seek only.
Please contact Scott Jose on 07 3503 1419 for any specific queries about this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within a week after the closing date.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all applicants for submitting their applications.
Contracts and Legals
Healthy Land and Water
07 3177 9100