Who we are
Healthy Land and Water is the peak environmental group for South East Queensland. For over 20 years it has been dedicated to investing in and leading initiatives to build the prosperity, liveability, and sustainability of our ‘future region’.
We are experts in research, monitoring, evaluation and project management. Our team has led many thousands of projects to restore waterways and landscapes, improve native habitats, manage weeds, protect native species, inform policy and educate communities on the best ways to improve and protect the environment for future generations.
Working in partnership with Traditional Owners, government, private industry, utilities and the community, Healthy Land and Water delivers innovative and science-based solutions to challenges affecting the environment. The combination of scientific expertise and on-ground management works to deliver Healthy Land and Water’s mission to lead and connect through science and actions that will preserve and enhance our natural assets and support resilient regions long into the future.
- Independent organisation dedicated to improving and protecting South East Queensland’s environment.
- Experts in research, monitoring, evaluation and project management.
- Delivering innovative and science-based solutions to challenges affecting our landscapes, waterways and biodiversity.
- An enabler and facilitator of change, providing solutions and connecting others.
- Driving and influencing decisions, policy and actions.
- We believe that maintaining healthy landscapes and waterways is not just important for wildlife and ecosystems. A healthy environment also supports a vibrant economy, strong livelihoods, great lifestyles and the happiness and well-being of the community. Through our work, we encourage people to examine and change their behaviours for the benefit of the natural world and for the people and places we love.
- We help people understand the values and condition of South East Queensland’s environment so we can ensure the sustainable use of our natural environment long into the future.
- Healthy Land and Water came to life after two of the region’s most experienced natural resource management groups – Healthy Waterways and SEQ Catchments – merged to form one entity in June 2016.