If you love saltmarsh and would like to help, we are currently collecting information from the community on saltmarsh areas that are important to them. All of the information collected will help to build a bigger picture of where saltmarsh areas are found in South East Queensland, what condition they are in, how they are currently used by the community. This information will also be used to help prioritise conservation actions, which is another aspect of Saltmarsh for Life.
Information could include:
- Additional values (culturally significant sites; rare species; social values)
- Plants and animals using the area,
- Threats, issues or damage impacting the area
- Areas that require restoration/conservation action, or
- Other features of interest.
If you are a recreational fisher, why not join the growing group of recreational fishers at OzFish Unlimited who want to give back to the sport they love by protecting and restoring fish habitat. Join them at www.ozfish.org.au.
Alternatively, add your information to our Saltmarsh map via this link – It’s quick and easy to do online.