How can I help?
There are a number of things you can do to help keep our waterways safe and clean for all to enjoy.
- Use designated toilet and waste facilities
- Ensure young children have frequent toilet breaks
- Dispose of human waste correctly when boating and do not discharge sewage, litter or other waste into recreational waterways
- Avoid swimming if you have diarrhoea or vomiting
- Clean up after your pets, ensuring faeces do not enter the stormwater system or waterways
- Report sewage spills to your local water utility and report other pollution incidents to your local council
- Maintain on-site sewerage facilities such as septic systems, contact your local council for advice
- Ensure household stormwater is not connected to the sewerage system
- Take litter home with you and pick up any litter you see if safe to do so