Integrated Management System Policy
Our Policy Statement
Healthy Land & Water is a profit for purpose, community-based natural resources management business supporting resilient regions. Our approach to Quality, Environment and Health & Safety, and in our organisation is to enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
As an organization our mission is to have an Integrated Management System (IMS) which includes policies and procedures that meet the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001: 2015 – AS/NZS 4801:2001 and ISO 14001:2015. This system is designed to produce quality outcomes and covers every aspect of our work including – planning, design, development, management, delivery and review.
As an organisation we will we value our people and will protect their health and safety by providing safe workplaces. In order to reduce hazards and risks, we will comply with all applicable legal and other requirements which relate to health and safety and environmental aspects. The effectiveness of all sections of our IMS will be regularly reviewed and improved as a mechanism of achieving best practice and fulfilling the expectations of our clients. We will create awareness to upgrade our employees’ knowledge of the company’s commitments and their own personal responsibilities in Quality Environmental and Health and Safety.
Coordination, maintenance and management of the system of our IMS is the responsibility of the Legal Compliance Manager and the organisation chart shows the various IMS responsibilities in the organisation.
Our management and staff are committed to:
- Understanding the goals and aspirations of our stakeholders, members and communities;
- Working with, and learning from, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Continuously improving by establishing appropriate business goals and objectives and implementing the plans to achieve them;
- Ensuring consistent delivery on projects and the management of project risk;
- Seeking to achieve environmental excellence in all work practices and becoming industry leaders in our field;
- Simultaneously pursuing the goals and rewards of sustainability, economic prosperity, social development and environmental quality;
- Setting and achieving objectives and targets for continuous improvement of environmental performance and the mitigation of pollution; and
- Providing a safe and healthy environment for employees, contractors and visitors at our
This statement is issued to indicate our commitment to our stakeholders and our standards of service. The full support of our Board, employees, partners and funding bodies is sought in meeting our commitment.
Implementation and Review