Healthy Land and Water (HLW) is a not-for-profit, independent organisation working to protect and improve waterways and natural asset health in Queensland. The waterways and natural assets of SEQ are an integral part of our lifestyle and economy. With a rapidly growing population and increasingly unpredictable climate, the challenge is to protect our precious natural assets for future generations to enjoy.
Healthy Land and Water facilitates careful planning and coordinated efforts at local and regional levels among member organisations from government, industry, landholders, research and the community to deliver the Healthy Land and Water’s Purpose:
“To inspire and connect people with the evidence-based tools and on-ground action that will protect our natural environment and support our economy for future generations.”
For more information, please visit www.hlw.org.au
The Senior Marketing and Communications Officer will drive all marketing and communications to deliver on our key customer requirements.
Healthy Land and Water will focus on all the region’s natural assets of land and waterways leveraging the combined resources and expertise of both organisations to better deliver and support community and government expectations while addressing current areas of duplication.
Healthy Land and Water will be the recognised Regional NRM body for South East Queensland and will be responsible for delivery of the Australian Governments National Landcare Program as well as the Queensland NRM program.
HLW’s purpose is to make a significant difference to South East Queensland’s natural resources, economy and community. It aims to:
- Secure funding from government and business for projects to improve grazing, reduce erosion, repair waterways, manage pests and weeds, restore degraded habitats and look after our coastal areas.
- Protect and improve the waterways of South East Queensland. With a rapidly growing population and increasingly unpredictable climate, our waterways are under increasing pressure from threats such as soil erosion, stormwater run-off, litter and land clearing.
- Work with community, industry, government and research partnerships to achieve healthier waterways and natural resources that underpin a healthy community.
- Work to understand and communicate the condition of waterways and natural resources to drive and influence future targets, policy and actions. They also provide advice, training, support, services and workshops for the community.
- Monitor and report on waterway health, educate on the value of our waterways and support reforms to policy and planning where it will benefit our waterways and community. Work with governments at all levels to align policy and planning with objectives.
Reporting directly to the Customer Marketing Manager, specific accountabilities and performance indicators will be set against the Strategic Plan and annually against work plans.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Marketing and Communications Officer role will be to:
- Develop, implement, manage and measure a marketing and communications strategy for the Environmental Services Team.
- Manage media queries and drive media opportunities to support the Environmental Services Team.
- Develop a communication strategy and plan to support the launch of the Report Card.
- Project manage the production of communication materials to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget, and liaise with designers, printers and website development agencies.
- Manage website content and support for programs and initiatives.
- Drive social media content development to support programs and capitalise on relevant opportunities.
- Develop and action all communication content to satisfy agreed deliverables for funded programs.
- Provide event co-ordination and support for major program events, training, workshops and community forums.
- Undertake campaign and on-line analysis of media and campaigns to support programs as part of regular customer reporting.
- Provide any additional marketing and communications support and duties as determined or directed by the Customer Marketing Manager.
- Position reports to the Customer Marketing Manager.
- Work closely with the Corporate Affairs Team; liaison with other program areas within the office.
- Partner organisations including representatives of the local, state and federal governments; industry organisations and community groups.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years relevant marketing and/or communications campaign experience.
- Proven experience in managing multi-channel marketing and communications campaigns.
- Strong project management experience, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Wide range of marketing and communication skills – an all-rounder; with a strong mix of writing, content development, design and media liaison.
- Excellent time and people management skills and demonstrated ability to work within deadlines across multiple tasks.
- Having the expertise or experience in graphic design will be highly regarded.
- Proven experience in the natural resource management sector, or experience working with government departments or organisations in the areas of environment, agriculture, science, or natural resources would be highly regarded.
Special Terms and Conditions of Appointment
A six-month probationary period applies to this position.
Some terms and conditions may be negotiated at the time of engagement and will be commensurate with the applicant’s experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and personal qualities.
The employee should have a current Queensland driver’s licence as the position may require travel throughout South-East Queensland.
- Equal Employment Opportunity
Employees must have knowledge and understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity legislation.
- Occupational Safety and Health
All employees must be familiar with Occupational Safety and Health policy and be committed to maintaining a healthy and safe work environment.
|Job Category||Marketing and Sponsorship|