Healthy Land & Water works with community, industry, and government to deliver innovative and science-based solutions to challenges affecting our landscapes, waterways, and biodiversity. We help people understand the values and condition of South East Queensland’s environment so we can ensure the sustainable use of our natural environment long into the future.
We believe that maintaining healthy landscapes and waterways is not just important for wildlife and ecosystems. A healthy environment also supports a vibrant economy, strong livelihoods, great lifestyles and the happiness and wellbeing of the community. Through our work, we encourage people to examine and change their behaviours for the benefit of the natural world and for the people and places we love.
The Portfolio Lead is responsible for leading, facilitating, and delivering a collection of projects within different Portfolios and in addition, key business initiatives concurrently, through effective management, resourcing, scheduling, and tracking to achieve strategic objectives. The Portfolio Lead is a key leadership role guiding the Operations team and is offered as a full-time 2-year contract initially.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing management reporting and high-quality insights and recommendations to enable optimal investment, delivery, and decision-making for portfolio, optimising results to achieve strategic objectives
- Developing and implementing a Portfolio Management Plan to manage planning, resourcing, quality, and performance across portfolios
- Identifying risks and interdependencies, and managing issues, impact on business activity, deviation from strategic aims, portfolio staffing, and costs
- Leading the transformation change to establish more efficient and effective project delivery
- Enabling consistency of project management methodology across the business to drive simplicity, transparency, continuous improvement, and best practice
- Providing effective leadership to the teams and supporting performance and development activities
Ideally, you will share our vision to support resilient regions and have a desire to connect through science and actions that will preserve and enhance our natural assets. You will be highly motivated and can work autonomously in agreed timeframes. To be successful in this role, you will have all or many of the following key attributes:
- Strong quantitative skills in assessing and developing portfolio management and risk modelling
- Experience in Senior Project Management
- Track record in driving project management performance through the ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills
- Ideally, professionally recognized Project Management accreditations
- Ideally, experience with PMBOK project management methodology
What we offer
We’re a diverse team of experts, who enjoy sharing knowledge and learning. We recognise and celebrate our employees and teams for affecting real and innovative change in our communities. We value integrity, collaboration, care, innovation, and courage. Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to support your mental health.
- Novated leasing.
- Annual professional development allowance.
- Annual private health insurance reimbursement.
- Annual wellbeing reimbursement.
- Salary continuance insurance.
Healthy Land & Water is committed to our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants will be highly regarded per affirmative measures under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
Applications close 3 August 2022.