- Exciting opportunity for a content specialist and storyteller
- Generate compelling content for environmental and social projects
- 2-year full-time contract
Healthy Land & Water works with community, industry, and government to deliver innovative and science-based solutions to challenges affecting our landscapes, waterways, and biodiversity. We help people understand the values and condition of South East Queensland’s environment so we can ensure the sustainable use of our natural environment long into the future.
We believe that maintaining healthy landscapes and waterways is not just important for wildlife and ecosystems. A healthy environment also supports a vibrant economy, strong livelihoods, great lifestyles and the happiness and wellbeing of the community. Through our work, we encourage people to examine and change their behaviours for the benefit of the natural world and for the people and places we love.
The full-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator is a content specialist and storyteller, helping to deliver our communication strategies to support Healthy Land and Water’s business priorities and build and grow Queensland’s most vibrant and impactful community of environmental developers, researchers, producers and stakeholders. This role will allow you to build capability in collaboration, brand acceleration, and positioning. Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing content to execute the communications strategy including online, social, and direct communications (audio, visual, and written).
- Drafting media releases, pitch-in stories, and project snapshots.
- Developing video content for the organisation to be customised across various platforms.
- Collecting impact statistics and producing reports and presentations.
- Assisting event organisation and delivering logistics including venue, AV, catering, and registrations.
- Assisting with the development of high-quality marketing and communications materials.
Ideally, you will share our vision to support resilient regions and have a desire to connect through science and actions that will preserve and enhance our natural assets. You will be highly motivated and can work autonomously in agreed timeframes. To be successful in this role, you will have all or many of the following requirements:
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or relevant discipline.
- Advanced content writing and storytelling skills including translating complex or technical information into simple, effective, and targeted communications.
- Ability to balance multiple project commitments and build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ideally, experience writing content for scientific, environment, or technical industries.
What we offer
We’re a diverse team of experts, who enjoy sharing knowledge and learning. We recognise and celebrate our employees and teams for affecting real and innovative change in our communities. We value integrity, collaboration, care, innovation, and courage. Some of our benefits include:
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to support your mental health.
- Novated leasing.
- Annual professional development allowance.
- Annual private health insurance reimbursement.
- Annual wellbeing reimbursement.
- Salary continuance insurance.
Healthy Land & Water is committed to our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP), and we strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants will be highly regarded per affirmative measures under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
Applications close 11 July 2022. Please submit your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.