Benefits to builders
Adopting best-practice erosion and sediment control (ESC) not only helps keep sediment pollution out of our waterways, it provides the following benefits to builders:
- Saves time and money by not having to clean up sediment or replace lost materials after rain.
- Reduces the likelihood of a fine or prosecution for polluting the environment.
- Reduces complaints related to dust and stormwater pollution.
- Improves relationships and trust with the local council and the community.
- Promotes and associates your business with protecting the environment.
This information will give you an idea of what is considered ‘reasonable and practicable’ and will help you comply with the law.
For more detailed information see:
Benefits to the environment and the community
Adopting ESC prevents sediment pollution in our waterways, which provides the following benefits to the environment and the community:
- Improved water quality supporting the healthy growth of aquatic plants and habitats.
- Increased food for marine animals.
- Clean and secure drinking water supply.
- Increased opportunities for recreation.
- Increase in tourism opportunities.