Healthy Land and Water is working with the community, local and state governments, water utilities, SEQ Catchments and the Council of Mayors (SEQ) to prioritise action in each catchment.
We are developing regional decision support tools to assess the threats to environmental values within each catchment. Specifically, the environmental values/objectives are (as defined by our members):
- restore and maintain key habitats (i.e. riparian vegetation)
- reduce pollutant loads (sediment and nutrients) entering waterways
- improve and maintain water quality
- restore and maintain key ecosystem processes
- restore and maintain resilient and healthy aquatic communities (i.e. fish populations).
These tools will help prioritise focus areas for action and support decision-makers in developing and implementing targeted, effective catchment management actions.