Finalist: Sustainable Water Management Award
Brisbane City Council (B)
Brisbane City Council's Stormwater Harvesting Project has successfully delivered 26 stormwater harvesting sites to sport and recreational parks across Brisbane.
These sites have achieved significant environmental outcomes, including:
- Improving the security of water supplies in Brisbane Reducing potable water use demand
- Fostering natural habitat creation
- Reducing the impact of urban runoff on our waterways
- Improvement of onsite stormwater management
- Healthy turf and vegetation to reduce erosion and sediment
- Increasing the amenity of open spaces within the Brisbane City area.
An estimated 50,000 Brisbane residents may have directly benefitted from this project.